That being said, I just recently got back from a long day that started at 9:30 in the morning when I get my Talmud midterm back. Today was a good day for multiple reasons. I got an excellent grade on said midterm and secondly, I just thought of that Ice Cube song, “Today was a Good Day,” which was an amazing product of the greatness that was West Coast Rap. What has happened to West Coast rap? The product has certainly dropped in the recent past. I had high hopes for the Game, but he failed miserably, kind of like the Chicago Cubs, every season. Man, it must suck to be from
Back to my day, which continued with a couple classes, followed by my bar-mitzvah tutee, who didn’t do so well today but I imagine he will “step his game up” by the time the big day comes around. Following the tutoring, I made my triumphant return to the gym at the urging of my good friend, Micah Miller. Micah, in case you don’t know him, is a meathead. He’s the guy who buys those 50 dollar cartons of protein, whey powder, creatine, insert generic GNC product, and lifts a lot of weights and then makes said protein shakes. He has been begging me to come back to the gym and finally I acquiesced.
Luckily, I successfully completed the routing he set out for me, without re-injuring my shoulder or pulling a Stefan Johnson(see article for explanation-http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4558824)…too soon? Refuah Shleimah-speedy recovery, Stefan! which I separated last year (for those of you who don’t know me, I am extremely injury prone. In two successive years, I tore my PCL in my knee and tore my labrum and ac joint in my shoulder. For these injuries, I take no blame. Rather, I lay the blame on my parents who never forced vitamins down my throat, like my other childhood friends. I was so damn jealous of my friends who got to ingest those little delicious flintstone-y treats that I would down them like peanuts whenever I was at my friends’ house). Sorry for the tangent. So, after I returned from the gym, (which is like a giant meat market where these steroid-filled men ogle the scantily clad women and attempt to “pick” out the finest cuts… I’m sure their shrunken testicles thank them), I walked back through campus and looked upon all the fine establishments in our area and decided to make a list of the 5 most overrated and underrated business. That was the original spark for this blog post, sorry, I’m a little tangential…deal with it!
So, without further adieu, here are my lists (listed in ascending order):
5. Campo (bar&restaurant) - A usual late night hotspot which fraternities (of which I will admit my fraternity does) generally rent out for parties. It gets crowded and hot and the ambience depresses the crap out of me.
4. Morton Williams (grocery store) - Extremely overpriced, limited selection, and way too many homeless beggars outside (this will be a future blog post topic, the beggars I mean)
3. Amir’s Falafel- A lot of my friends won’t eat here because it’s owned by a Lebanese man, who, they claim, hates
2. 1020(Bar) - See description of Campo but after leaving this dank hellhole, I feel like I need a whole bottle of prozac.
1. Pinkberry- My mother swears by it. I hate this place with a passion! Everyone who goes there is so pretentious about how great their yogurt is. It tastes like someone put cyanide in it. Give me some old school frozen yogurt and i’ll be a happy camper.
Underrated (I’m only doing three because there are not too many underrated things)
3. Haakon’s Hall- A new bar on 118th and
2. Tom’s- Aside from the tourists who like to take pictures of the “Seinfeld” restaurant, nothing quite hits the spot like one of their tuna melts and broadway shakes(that’s a little vanilla chocolate mixture for the uninformed) Check it.
1. KORONETS—Not much needs to be said. Biggest pizza slices this side of
Those are my lists. Let me know what you think, if you agree, disagree, want to kill me, etc.
Off to Koronets,